ELCA's Presiding Bishop Eaton reminds us that during this holiday season, even though we may not be traveling to be with family, we are all gathered at one table.
Greetings in Christ,
The Coronavirus has challenged congregations world-wide to be church without meeting in-person for worship and other events. The Kingo community quickly met this challenge by providing worship via videos and Zoom. We may not be able to gather at the church building, but we still gather as the church every week.
Worship and faith formation videos are currently available online.
- LIVE WORSHIP ON ZOOM - click Link to Live Worship in event details on our calendar or subscribe to Newsletters to receive links to Sunday morning 10:00 AM worship.
- WORSHIP RECORDINGS - available at any time on the ONLINE CONNECTIONS page
- PLAY & PRAY - collection of short videos, conversations, and activities on the PLAY & PRAY page for children and adults of any age
- TIME OUT TUESDAYS - Subscribe to Newsletters receive links to 20-minute spiritual reflections with Pastor Carolyn at noon on Tuesdays
- NOON PRAYER - pause daily at noon to unite with one voice in prayer (see below)
Even though we all hope to reconnect in-person, we are taking precautions to ensure the well-being of every person who uses the Kingo building by following the re-entry guidelines for building use created by Kingo's Re-Entry Transition Task Force.
Jesus taught that the greatest commandment is to love God and neighbor (Matthew 22:35-40), which often means making sacrifices for the good of our neighbor. Love for you motivates our decisions. May you know the fullness of God's love.
Pastor Carolyn Sellers Rizzo
We join our voices together as ONE in CHRIST:
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble with its tumult.
Holy Spirit, reveal yourself to us at this time. Watch over all national leaders and citizens. Protect those most vulnerable and susceptible to this virus. Build up health care workers with perseverance. Now is the time that we are your church without buildings. Show us how to connect and care for each other, our neighbors, and strangers.
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those
who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
forever and ever.
At Kingo we believe that:
- God owns everything.
- God gives abundantly.
- Trusting in God's goodness, we share all that we have been given.
- As resources circulate in the community and world, God's blessings are recycled to create more blessings.
Your gift to Kingo, in any amount, is a blessing. A gift is a gift, and we say, "Thank you!"