Click here to learn more and to fill out your online pledge form.
Seeking Business Manager to be part of administrative team for small progressive Shorewood congregation, Kingo L.C. Works with the pastor and volunteers to manage financial functions and tenant relationships. Twenty hours per week. Must be able to use accounting software, electronic contributions systems, DropBox, Google Drive, and other Microsoft programs.
The ideal candidate will have an associate degree or equivalent experience in accounting and financial recording, is an impeccable communicator, reliable, maintains calm, and supports the congregation’s vision and mission.
Click image (left or above) to view full job description.
Direct resumes or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greetings in Christ,
The Coronavirus has challenged congregations world-wide to be church without meeting in-person for worship and other events. The Kingo community quickly met this challenge by providing worship via videos and Zoom. We may not be able to gather at the church building, but we still gather as the church every week.
Worship and faith formation videos are currently available online.
- LIVE WORSHIP ON ZOOM - subscribe to Newsletters to receive links to Sunday morning 10:00 AM worship.
- WORSHIP RECORDINGS - available at any time on the ONLINE CONNECTIONS page or on YOUTUBE
- PLAY & PRAY - collection of short videos, conversations, and activities on the PLAY & PRAY page for children and adults of any age, they can also be found on our YOUTUBE page
- TIME OUT TUESDAYS - Subscribe to Newsletters to receive links to 20-minute spiritual reflections with Pastor Carolyn at noon on Tuesdays
- NOON PRAYER - pause daily at noon to unite with one voice in prayer (see below)
- VIDEOS - All worship videos, Play & Pray videos, devotions, and more can be found on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to be notified when new videos are uploaded.
Even though we all hope to reconnect in-person, we are taking precautions to ensure the well-being of every person who uses the Kingo building by following the re-entry guidelines for building use created by Kingo's Re-Entry Transition Task Force.
Jesus taught that the greatest commandment is to love God and neighbor (Matthew 22:35-40), which often means making sacrifices for the good of our neighbor. Love for you motivates our decisions. May you know the fullness of God's love.
Pastor Carolyn Sellers Rizzo
PRAYERS from the Community (June 2021)
Before his arrest and trial, Jesus wisely told his followers, “Remain in me and follow my teachings. If you do this, then you can ask for anything you want, and it will be given to you.” (John 15:7 ICB). Staying rooted to Jesus, following his commandment to love each other, and praying to God leads to eternal life today. The following prayers may be used as a centering daily meditation.
I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.
Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.
Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us.
None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds,
they would be too many to declare. (Psalm 40:1-5 NIV)
Lord Jesus, your word is everlasting; from death to resurrection we have life through you. Hear our spoken prayers and the prayers dwelling in the depths of our hearts. Heal discord and division. Look upon humanity with mercy and grant peace. Create in us a new spirit. Empower us to love and serve each other and teach us to pray...
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever and ever.
At Kingo we believe that:
- God owns everything.
- God gives abundantly.
- Trusting in God's goodness, we share all that we have been given.
- As resources circulate in the community and world, God's blessings are recycled to create more blessings.
Your gift to Kingo, in any amount, is a blessing. A gift is a gift, and we say, "Thank you!"